We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when staying in DC for redskins game

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redmond, Washington
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
when staying in DC for redskins game

We are going to the Redskins playoff game and are trying to find a good hotel in DC that would be near blue line which I think goes near fedex feild. We're hoping to find a clean hotel room that maybe newer as well. hoping to spend under 200 a night. any suggestions?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,613 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when staying in DC for redskins game

It is very easy to change lines on DC's Metro, just go up or down one level to the other platform. So you don't really have to stick to one line. Of course, changing lines does add to the travel time.

If are only spending one night, then the Holiday Inn Capitol might work well for you. Or the Residence Inn Capitol.Hill. Both are in the SW quadrant which lacks restaurants, but the hotels are OK for a short visit.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: when staying in DC for redskins game

Just did the same thing for the Dallas/Washington game on Sunday.

We stayed at Hotel George - which is right next to Union Station. Was a simple red to blue line change. Cost was $7.50 each.

There is a Hyatt that is @ the Metro Centre and it would be attached to the Blue line. It's undergoing renos, so it's affordable.

Warning that it's a 20+ min walk from the Morgan Station stop to FedEx field (lots of people doing it with you though!) and it's VERY COLD in the stadium. Bring those hand warmer packets with you as they sell out @ the stadium. They also sold out of hot chocolate :)

Have fun!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when staying in DC for redskins game

I presume you are Seahawks fans? Against my better judgment I'll help (but do note my avatar -- that's the 50 yd line of Fedex Field; I hope you have a great trip but that your team has a terrible game!).

Assuming you stay Saturday and Sunday nights, go to www.kimptonhotels.com, sign up for their free loyalty program, and then click on last minute deals. You can get the Donovan House (a great hotel three blocks from McPherson Square on the blue line) for $105 a night. The rate is non-refundable, but you're not going to find a better hotel for less money.

In addition to the hotel, some tips:

Make sure you put round trip fare on your farecards before you leave for FedEx. You don't want to wait in the farecard machine line after the game.

Security at Fedex Field is particularly tight. Try to bring as little as possible with you that's metal, and don't bring any bags bigger than purses.

If you haven't bought tickets yet, be wary of tickets in the 200 level on the visitor's side of the field. Many are obstructed view, and unscrupulous sellers don't tell you that. 200 level on home side and all other sections are OK.

4. Re: when staying in DC for redskins game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 22:16