We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic Comparison

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Traffic Comparison

Just looking for a comparison in traffic. How does Washington DC compare to Los Angeles traffic?

My studio is less than 10 miles away from the Mall, but mapquest says about 25 minutes to get to the Mall. Is it all traffic?

Thanks,

jc

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Traffic Comparison

If you can't park at the Metro stations, where can you park?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Traffic Comparison

Parking in one of the big reasons you don't want to drive. Most of the metro parking lots fill up by 7 AM. Look at wmata.com to see if a bus goes near your hotel to the metro. If there is not a bus, driving and paying to park in the city may be the best option. Union Station and the Reagan Building have parking and try bestparking.com. Many lots have early bird rates but you would have to be in the city before 9 or 9:30 which means dealing with rush hour. Most all day lots are 20.00+ with no in and out privileges.

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Traffic Comparison

"If you can't park at the Metro stations, where can you park?"

You can park at the parking lot just down the road I told you about. See post #6 in this earlier thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k598846…

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Traffic Comparison

Thank you ~ I printed it out. I'm going to call the Metro and take their "tutorial for senior citizens." I'm not a senior citizen yet but I'm sure it'll be helpful.

15. Re: Traffic Comparison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 05:18