We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lincoln Memorial handicapped parking?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Croix Falls...
1 post
Save Topic
Lincoln Memorial handicapped parking?

We are going to see the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday, February 17. I have a handicapped scooter and need parking somewhere close. My wife has a walker and I a scooter, any helpful information would be appreciated. We do have a handicapped placard.

Thanks in advance.

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lincoln Memorial handicapped parking?

According to the National Park Service, there is limited handicapped parking there is limited handicapped parking at the Franklin Delano Roosevelt and World War II Memorials and near the Washington Monument and the Thomas Jefferson, Lincoln, Korean War Veterans, and Vietnam Veterans Memorials.

www.nps.gov/linc/planyourvisit/directions.htm

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lincoln Memorial handicapped parking?

The parking near the monuments often fills up quickly. I wish I could tell you an exact time all the spots are likely to be gone by, but I can't. Maybe someone else here can. My advice would be to get there as early as you can and have some kind of backup plan for if there are no spots.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lincoln Memorial handicapped parking?

There are handicapped spaces just to the south of the Lincoln Memorial, next to the Korean War Memorial. You access them from Independence Ave, by heading North on 23rd Street, then turning right on Daniel French Drive. See this map: nps.gov/nama/…NACCmap1.pdf. 23rd Street North has a "Do Not Enter" sign on it at Independence Ave, but a smaller sign under it that permits handicapped drivers (I note it because it can be a bit confusing). I'd suggest looking at the area around there using Google street view, and you'll hopefully see what I mean.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lincoln Memorial handicapped parking?

Loads of handicapped spaces near the MLK - FDR memorials. I went with my family on Thanksgiving weekend (a gorgeous day with 10 million people doing the same thing) and the handicapped spaces were still plentiful.

5. Re: Lincoln Memorial handicapped parking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 05:18