We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White house tour....where to leave our belongings???

Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
979 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
White house tour....where to leave our belongings???

Does anyone have advice or suggestions on where we can store our belongings when we visit the White House? Our hotel is in Alexandria so its quite a ways to go back to get our stuff. Plus we would want to take pics outside the white house.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White house tour....where to leave our belongings???

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k474067…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k204346…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k364590…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k566685…

There are several dozen more if you search the forum.

Illinois
Level Contributor
103 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White house tour....where to leave our belongings???

We had a very early White House tour and we left our things at Union Station at the Amtrak counter. It was fast easy and reasonable.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White house tour....where to leave our belongings???

We left our things in our car, but took cell phones. We obviously couldn't take pictures inside but could outside on the front steps with our cell phones. I kept a thin wallet inside my coat and my husband just kept his wallets/ keys. It is a pain but if you could use a phone to take pics until you can get back to the hotel you might have it much easier.

BTW- they did make people go back and put cameras in cars or wherever if they brought them in.

4. Re: White house tour....where to leave our belongings???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 07:17