We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowd sizes before July 4th

Boston...
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Crowd sizes before July 4th

How much time before July 4th does it start to get really crowded in DC? I would like to come June 23- 29, but it would be about $300 cheaper with hotel rates if I came June 27- July 3. I would think hotel rates would go up getting closer to July 4th, but I guess not. I would rather not be in the city so close to the holiday, but I may if it will save a bunch of money. So, would there be a noticeable difference in the crowds for these dates? If the crowd sizes get much bigger going into July I would rather leave the end of June. If it's going to be really crowded either way, I would stay into July and save the money.

June 23-29 is Sunday-Saturday

June 27-July 3 is Thursday-Wednesday

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,427 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowd sizes before July 4th

I doubt you would notice that much difference in the number of people between those two periods. Hotel prices are typically cheaper around Fourth of July. The crowds on The Mall don't show up until the day of the concerts and fireworks.

washington dc
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowd sizes before July 4th

The size of crowds won't change. For both those dates, the mall will be more crowded in general because of the Smithsonian Folklife - but that's a good thing! festivalhttp://www.festival.si.edu/index.aspx

3. Re: Crowd sizes before July 4th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 06:15