We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I narrowed my hotel to 3 top choices. Feedback, please?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
115 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
I narrowed my hotel to 3 top choices. Feedback, please?

I am travelling to DC for 6 days in April with husband and kids ages 14 and 16. It is our first visit and we plan to hit all the usual highlights: monuments, museums, etc. I have narrowed my choices to the following and would like some feedback if possible. 1) Topaz in Dupont curcle ($250 per night, 2 free breakfasts, 2 at $12 each), 2) Hampton Inn Convention Center ($239 per night, free breakfast), and 3) Courtyard by Marriott Convention Center ($279/night, no free breakfast). All are queen, queen rooms. We don't mind walking, but will certainly take Metro places as well. Any thoughts from the experts out there?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,598 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I narrowed my hotel to 3 top choices. Feedback, please?

The Courtyard Convention Center is certainly the most convenient. It has places to see and lots of restaurants within a block or two. You can walk to a lot of the usual tourists sights.

The Topaz is in a much quieter location, but close to Dupont Circle where there is a Metro station and lots of places to eat. And I love the vibe of Kimpton hotels too.

The Hampton Inn and Suites Convention Center is not a bad choice either. It is just further, by a few easy blocks, from restaurants and a Metro station than the other two.

Don't put off making your reservations because you are coming at a popular time and hotels will fill up.

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
115 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I narrowed my hotel to 3 top choices. Feedback, please?

Thanks for the input. I went with the Hampton Inn: cheaper, breakfast included, and queen beds (the Marriott only had double beds). If it were just me and husband, would have probably gone with the Topaz. Thanks again.

3. Re: I narrowed my hotel to 3 top choices. Feedback, please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 06:18