We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washtington DC hotels & vicinity

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Washtington DC hotels & vicinity

My husband and I are looking for a reasonable hotel possibly lower than $200 for May 13-16, 2013 and near the Metro station. Do you have any idea. Any info will be most appreciated. Thanks.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,760 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Washtington DC hotels & vicinity

Hi and welcome to the Support Forum!

Please post again in the DC forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28970-i40-Washing…

Silvia

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Washtington DC hotels & vicinity

Support Forum is for asking general questions on how to use TripAdvisor website, how to find things on it and how to use its many features.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Washtington DC hotels & vicinity

Hi alwings,

As others mentioned, your topic was initially misplaced in the Support forum, however, I wanted to hop in and mention that we have since moved it here to the Washington D.C. forum where it was intended to go.

Good luck with your trip planning!

TA_Louise

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Washtington DC hotels & vicinity

A friend of mine from England recently stayed at the Morrison & Clark Hotel on Massachusetts Ave (corner of 10th or 11th streets), which is a short walk to Metro Center (5 - 7 min). She said the staff were wonderful, breakfast was included, and it was nice to stay in a historic building with more character than your average Marriott. Speaking of which, it is very close to the construction of the new Marriott on Massachusetts Ave, so you may want to make sure that construction noise is not an issue. I believe this hotel would be in your price range.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,962 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Washtington DC hotels & vicinity

There are dozens of topics already here about picking a hotel. Look around, read a bit and you should get some ideas about what hotels sound appealing to you.

Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Washtington DC hotels & vicinity

I was able to reserve a room at the One Wash Circle A Modus hotel for $693.60 fpr 3 nites. ($231 a nite + tax). It's higher than what I am really looking for but guess it;'s the best one as far as Metro and bus stop accessibility are concerned. I have to admit my husband and I were kinda pressured when we saw the rooms were filling up fast with the dates we have selected.

Anybody who has experience with this hotel? Am I correct in estimating it is about 7 blocks to the Metro station and also 7 blocks to the bus stop?

Thanks for any response.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Washtington DC hotels & vicinity

No, look straight south, a metro stop a block and a half away - foggy bottom stop. There are also 4 bus stops right around the circle, if you look on google maps. 32 and 36 are very convnient, will take you to the mall for half price of metro.

Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Washtington DC hotels & vicinity

Thanks for the response UkieDC.

Another question, how do we get to Udvar Hazy; I understand we have to go to Dulles airport to get a shuttle going to Udvar H. Where do we get the bus that will take us to Dulles airport?

I am interested in visiting the Wash Cathedral also. Any idea how long it will take to ride the bus? Or will the metro be faster?

Again thanks for any help!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Washtington DC hotels & vicinity

32 and 36 series buses goes right up to washington cathedral. There's no metro nearby the cathedral, bus or taxi are your only options. You can see how long it will take on the bus timetable, the bus frequency varies based on time of the day and day of the week. I would say 20 min or so. This link will let you download the pdf.

wmata.com/bus/timetables/view.cfm?line=190

Edited: 04 March 2013, 14:27
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Washtington DC hotels & vicinity

airandspace.si.edu/visit/transportation/