We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner in Rosslyn?

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
453 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner in Rosslyn?

We are staying at Le Meridien in Rosslyn area of Arlington. Any good reccommendations close by for a nice, casual dinner options? Preferably not national chain type places. Thanks!

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,150 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner in Rosslyn?

There is a dearth of restaurants in the Rosslyn area. However, if you were to go to the areas of the Courthouse and Clarendon Metro stations, you would have many great choices. Also, a walk across the Key Bridge will bring you to M Street in Georgetown were there are many dining choices.

richmond
Level Contributor
926 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner in Rosslyn?

We loved Lyon Hall a couple of weeks ago in Clarendon. Check Urbanspoon for more options.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
732 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner in Rosslyn?

My favorite restaurant in Rosslyn for dinner is Cafe Asia, which has a pan-asian menu including sushi. It's address is 1550 Wilson Blvd., a few blocks from your hotel. I also like Kanpai, which is Japanese, at 1401 Wilson Blvd. As others have said, you'll have more choices further up Wilson Blvd. in the Courthouse/Clarendon neighborhood, or you can cross the Key Bridge into Georgetown. But you don't have to go too far from your hotel for a good meal.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
759 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner in Rosslyn?

In the Courthouse area, not far from Rosslyn, my favorite restaurant is Me Jana, which serves Middle Eastern food. Not a chain, and it has a nice atmosphere but is still casual.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner in Rosslyn?

When your hotel was the Palomar, the restaurant was quite nice. I have not been since the management changed, but the new place called Amuse is getting some nice reviews. So you may not need to travel at all. http://www.yelp.com/biz/amuse-arlington

6. Re: Dinner in Rosslyn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 March 2013, 21:57
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner in Rosslyn?

I stayed at that hotel before (oddly enough) back in its Palomar days and I would sugest you walk up Wilson Boulevard to Ray's Hell Burgers (now Rays to the Third). Obama has been known to frequent Ray's for their amazing hamburgers...they are honestly the best burgers you'll ever have in your life. Excellent milkshakes, plus a full menu if you're not in the burger mood. Ray's Hell Burger closed due to some landlord-leasee disagreements, but Rays to the Third is across the street from the original location and has the same menu.

Another nice sandwich shop, Earl's, is farther up Wilson boulevard, if you're looking for a lunch place for another day. I love their sandwiches.

AM13

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner in Rosslyn?

I would second Rays to the Third or even Ray's the Steaks. Our favorite spot in Arlington. As the previous post mentioned, Rays Hell Burger has closed, but the Hell Burger is still available at Rays to the Third, which is across the street from the former Hell Burger location.

http://raysthesteaks.com/

http://raystothethird.com/

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner in Rosslyn?

Yes, second Jim's suggestion of Ray's the Steaks, too. I'm a steak snob --- only usually like USDA grade Prime, and they have a way of making the most succulent steaks, and I think they use USDA Choice meats. Ray's the Steaks is up around the Courthouse area, a little bit further of a walk.

AM13

Arlington, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner in Rosslyn?

Guajillo is good for higher end southern Mexican - Oaxaca style. Village Bistro for northern Italian, Pho 75 for a dive w good pho, Piola for light Italian pizza, Cafe Asia for pan Asian w a sushi bar. Ray's to the Third for great steaks and burgers at reasonable prices. Rhodeside Grill for American / pub style food. Il Radicchio for endless pasta bowl. Most have outdoor seating. Culinaire is the restaurant of the Art Institute of Washington, on the 12th floor of their building in downtown Rosslyn. It's run by the students and is not open often but worth a try if it happens to work out.