We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any other budget options besides Americana?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any other budget options besides Americana?

We had to cancel our spring break plans this year because my wife decided to donate a kidney to someone. We had booked the Americana. Now we are going to be going in August and I am thinking about booking the Americana but the only thing holding me back is if I could find something similar with a pool.

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any other budget options besides Americana?

A budget hotel generally wont have a pool. What is your budget?

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any other budget options besides Americana?

Similar to Americana in what way? If you want more helpful suggestions, you need to provide the basic information set forth in the Top Questions on the upper right hand corner.

Generally speaking, Americana occupies a unique nich - inexpensive, clean, safe, convenient to Metro and DC, free parking. It is not fancy and it does not have a pool. What would you be willing to give up in exchange for a pool? [Hint: More money usually does wonders]

Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
430 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Any other budget options besides Americana?

As others have noted, we're not sure what your budget is, and having never checked out the Americana (although I used to live in the neighborhood), I don't know how much they charge.

But I suggest you check out any of the large chains (Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, etc.) in Pentagon City and Crystal City. Marriott alone has something like 5 or 6 hotels basically within walking distance of each other. If you book far enough in advance and are willing to travel over a weekend, you can get rates at nice hotels (often with pools) for around $100 per night. All are convenient to Metro, either on foot, or via the free hotel shuttles.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any other budget options besides Americana?

The other 'budget' hotel that tends to draw OK reviews and tends to be priced in the neighborhood of the Americana is the Best Western Iwo Jima in Rosslyn. It is a bit further walk from the nearest Metro, and has fewer food choices within immediate walking distance, but it does have a pool. That said, August in D.C. tends to be dead slow for business travel, so you can sometimes get good discounts at major business hotels with excess inventory. Whatever you book now, make sure you book refundable. Then start checking in late June / early July for really good sales.

richmond
Level Contributor
893 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any other budget options besides Americana?

Try Hotwire it will tell you amaneties and what brand it might be. We got the Hyatt Arlington in March for $74 a night including all taxes and fees.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any other budget options besides Americana?

10pont---it depends on your dates. What dates (even tentatively) will you be coming? What is your nightly budget?

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,649 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any other budget options besides Americana?

Two hotels which are generally considered "budget" (but not as budget as the Americana) and which are in close proximity to Metro and have pools (indoor) are the Best Western Iwo Jima (mentioned by Warthog) and the Holiday Inn Rosslyn @Key Bridge. Since you know your dates and your budget, you can easily check these hotels online to see if they meet your needs.

FWIW, I stayed at the Best Western Iwo Jima last summer during a power outage at my home and was pleased with the room size, comfort and amenities.

Indiana
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any other budget options besides Americana?

Pretty sure are dates are Aug 3rd - 9th.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any other budget options besides Americana?

Under $100 per night:

Hyatt Arlington (Rosslyn): $58 per night (prepaid)

Hyatt Regency Crystal City: $84 per night (fully cancelable)

Marriott Key Bridge: $95 per night (fully cancelable)

If you can finalize your dates and don't need the flexibility of canceling, that rate at the Hyatt Arlington (Rosslyn) is a FANTASTIC BARGAIN that I would take in a heartbeat. If you're interested in any of these options, let me know and I'll provide booking information.

10. Re: Any other budget options besides Americana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 05:17