We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants for families near Eastern Market

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants for families near Eastern Market

Our family of 7 ( 5 kids between the ages of 16 and 11) are planning a trip in July. We are staying in a rental townhouse near Eastern Market and will use the Metro as our primary source of transportation. I am looking for teen friendly, wallet friendly restaurants that are also different ie more than Pizza and Burgers. Any suggestions welcome!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,074 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants for families near Eastern Market

Lots of restaurants in that area. Barracks Row is what you will find if you head south. Here is their website: www.barracksrow.org/on-the-row/restaurants There are also restaurants if you head NW on Pennsylvania Avenue NE and a few to the north towards the actual Eastern Market. The only place I have been recently was Banana Cafe and it is certainly family friendly and is not expensive. It is on Barracks Row.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants for families near Eastern Market

Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,074 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants for families near Eastern Market

And that should be Pennsylvania Avenue SE, not NE. Got my quadrants a bit mixed up. I know you said no burgers, but they used to be good at Mr. Henry's a block away towards the Capitol. I haven't been in quite a while. It was where Roberta Flack got her start as an entertainer, back in the day. mrhenrysrestaurant.com/ordereze/default.aspx

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants for families near Eastern Market

Your rental apt. will likely have a folder of local restaurant menus, and I'm sure your host will be very happy to make recommendations.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,383 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants for families near Eastern Market

Not sure what "wallet friendly" is for you, but in the D.C. area, the following two restaurants near Eastern Market would probably be considered "wallet friendly". I like both of these places and they certainly have a menu that would appeal to teens and adults alike. (I've heard good things about the homemade "Pop Tarts" at Ted's Bulletin, but I haven't tried them myself.) BTW, these two restaurants belong to the same group.

Ted's Bulletin: http://tedsbulletin.com/

Matchbox: http://matchboxcapitolhill.com/

Edited: 11 May 2013, 22:37
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
201 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants for families near Eastern Market

Some of Ted's options are budget-friendly, some not. Like the grilled cheese and bowel of soup is $10. But the meatloaf and two generous sides is only $17. But then the side of beets is only three slices and is $2.50. It's all tastey and the shakes are delicious!

I think Zest American Bistro is the best bang for your buck--the cheapest highest quality, freshest food on that strip.

Edited: 12 May 2013, 14:20
7. Re: Restaurants for families near Eastern Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 06:19