We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating in the house senate cafeteria.

Pleasantville, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
eating in the house senate cafeteria.

Years ago my husband and I ate in a cafeteria in the Capital. The Yankee bean soup was highly recommended I am interested in taking my son there this weekend but am having trouble find info on how to get there or if we can even go after 9/11. Any information would be welcome.

Thank you,

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,926 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating in the house senate cafeteria.

Senate Bean Soup. I haven't been in there in years and don't know current rules for access. But you're reference to "this weekend" makes me think the dining facilities wouldn't be open on a weekend anyway.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,169 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating in the house senate cafeteria.

See this recent topic for some more information: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k649253…

Pleasantville, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating in the house senate cafeteria.

Thank you. The one we went to pre 9/11 was a cafeteria not a "restaurant" but I do not rememeber the name. Thank you for the links though. I could not tell if they are open on the weekend. I will keep loking.

Thank you

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating in the house senate cafeteria.

Unfortunately, the House and Senate cafeterias are not open on the weekend unless Congress is in session. If you happen to be here during the week, anyone can gain access to the House or Senate office buildings (House cafeteria is in Longworth House Office Building and the Senate Cafeteria in Dirksen Senate Office Building), you just have to go through security (take all your metal objects out of your pocket, bags on an x-ray machine, etc...).

dctravel

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eating in the house senate cafeteria.

Just ask a US Capitol policeman for directions

6. Re: eating in the house senate cafeteria.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 06:17