We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last day suggestions before convention at Gaylord

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
221 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Last day suggestions before convention at Gaylord

We are attending a convention at the Gaylord starting Monday night the 29th. We (myself, husband and 15 yrs old daughter) will have spent several days in DC as well as Philadelphia prior to this day. My husband is a pilot and his absolute must is the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum. We plan to spend Sunday night at a hotel near Dulles so that we can get to the museum right when they open at 10am. We will probably spend 2-3 hours there (I can only take so much air museums). We will have a rental car we are returning to the Gaylord by 4pm.

I am looking for suggestions on other things to do in this area or within driving distance for that afternoon. We have been to DC before and gone to Mt Vernon and Arlington. We are huge history buffs.

Also, if it would be more helpful what TA forums might be helpful to list ideas

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Arlington
Arlington
Virginia
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,852 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last day suggestions before convention at Gaylord

You aren't that far from the Manassas Battlefield Park, which would be a change from a museum. It would be nice if the weather is decent. http://www.nps.gov/mana/index.htm

Mentioned in this post
Manassas
Manassas
Prince William County, VA
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,257 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last day suggestions before convention at Gaylord

Fredericksburg is an option

Great Falls, VA

Harpers Ferry, WV

Mentioned in this post
Great Falls Park
Great Falls Park
1,154 Reviews
McLean, VA
Harpers Ferry
Harpers Ferry
West Virginia
3. Re: Last day suggestions before convention at Gaylord

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 06:16