We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On our own, my 2yr old & I..

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
On our own, my 2yr old & I..

My husband is coming to DC for a conference and our almost 2 yr old son & I will be joining him on the trip. We are staying in L'Enfant Plaza and will be dependent on the Metro to get around and work around a 11:30 - 1:30p nap time. Any suggestions on activities we can do? Restaurants we can visit??

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On our own, my 2yr old & I..

Take a look at these prior threads:

tripadvisor.com/…48232581

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k628990…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k357524…

From another thread I also recommended (some overlap with the one above):

In terms of things to do with a two year old, our son (and our friends' toddler kids) love (in no particular order):

Running around like a maniac on the broad expanse of Freedom Plaza near the White House

Running around like a maniac in the broad expanse of the National Building Museum

Running around like a maniac on the broad expanse of the National Mall

Riding the carousel outside the Smithsonian Castle

Seeing the bugs in the bug zoo at the Natural History Museum, as well as the dinosaurs, elephant, and other things in that museum

Seeing the airplanes and exhibits at the Air & Space Museum (particularly the kids gallery on the ground floor towards the McDonalds end with the interactive displays)

Riding on the top of one of the double-decker tour buses

Edited: 08 June 2013, 04:50
2. Re: On our own, my 2yr old & I..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:17