We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant suggestions for vegan/omnivore mixed family

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
restaurant suggestions for vegan/omnivore mixed family

We are coming to dc end of Dec and staying in Crystal City. We will probably plan long days in the city at the usual tourist stops (capital, zoo, smithsonian air and space, holocaust museum and monuments) Would love some suggestions of good eats. We are willing to separate and each get our own type of food if they are nearby each other.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,137 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant suggestions for vegan/omnivore mixed family

Chinese and Thai places tend to have something for everybody. Also, so do most Italian places. Is there any type of food that you all prefer? Passing along such info is helpful because you will then get more specific recommendations.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,725 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant suggestions for vegan/omnivore mixed family

Everyone can find a couple of small plates to love at Jaleo. http://www.jaleo.com/crystal-city

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
210 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant suggestions for vegan/omnivore mixed family

A tough one. Maybe see if there's a Vegan list on Yelp. I will say that many restaurants here now offer both menu items because they know people want this approach. I do well at Luna on Connecticut Avenue, also Open City in Woodley Park. The might work -- though I'm no expert. (Menus are online.) Founding Farmers might be fun. I's on Penn. Darrell's (above) Jaleo is chronically jam-packed but there's another tapas place now in Cleveland Park that's fun (I forget the name but it will be on Yelp). Amsterdam Falafel rates high on the local fast food lists - it's in Adams Morgan. I favor Chop't, a DC-NYC chain (to order salads). Those come to mind.

Fairfax, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant suggestions for vegan/omnivore mixed family

Busboys and Poets has 2 restaurants in DC. They have lots of great vegan options to choose from, among the many meat dishes on their menu. They have a great reuben made with tempeh, a tofu dish, and even vegan pizza. The best Busboys restaurant, though, is located in Arlington, VA, in an area called Shirlington. This area is filled with restaurants and a movie theater. Here is the website for Busboys and Poets there:

www.busboysandpoets.com/about/shirlington

5. Re: restaurant suggestions for vegan/omnivore mixed family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:18