We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Advice

2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Advice

Husband and I are coming to DC for an anniversary trip September 18-23. Looking for a hotel less than $150/night. I was originally thinking in the White House/Downtown or Dupont circle area but am OK with staying in Crystal City. Any suggestions? Prices seemed a little higher than I was expecting from what I've looked at so far. Thanks for your help.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Advice

Hotels appear to be outrageous when you want to travel. Even the dumps are expensive. There is probably an event going on that week. I would suggest you might try one of the bidding sites or think about one of the cheaper standbys such as the Americana. It is not the Ritz but clean and well located in Crystal City.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
210 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Advice

The Destination Expert here is better with hotel advice, but I use Quickbook. You might start there for a first pass -- just to survey the offerings. Some are prepaid, others not, all are vetted, and you can see pics, etc.

I defer to others here.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Advice

If you're not determined on a hotel, check rental apts. on homeaway.com, vrbo.com and even airbnb.com (lots of work to sort through but some very good listings.)

Post the listing number of any property you are considering and I will advise further.

Tulsa
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Advice

Thanks everybody. I'll do a little more digging.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 14:24
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
151 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Advice

The only place I think around $150 a night that's not a slum is probably the Washington Court over by Capitol Hill. Most of the hotels in the city run between $250-400 a night. Those under $100 are pretty much located in places you do no want to be (see NY Avenue hotels out by where it turns into Rt 50). Crystal City is a good option as it's conveniently off the Metro or you could even use Capital Bikeshare to bike into the city very easily from there (it's a 15 minute ride, tops to the Jefferson Monument where there is a docking station and your ride would essentially be free). The Dupont Hotels are smaller so I'm not as familiar with their rates, but I would be surprised to find much under $200 a night. If you're driving, then your options extend to the suburban hotels in Alexandria (off 395 or down Rt 1), to Silver Spring, Rockville, and Clarendon; all are still Metro-accessible, but not quite as easily.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Advice

So I joined the last minute travel club as suggested on other posts by arlingtonmann and got a few quotes back. Wanted to know your thoughts.

Four Points by Sheraton for $131

Capital Hill Suites for $136.45

or go to Crystal City

Hyatt Regency Crystal City for $93

All are refundable if cancel before 3 days. I'm thinking I would like to lock something in now but keep checking prices.

We will be flying into DCA.

7. Re: Hotel Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 07:18