We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with easy access, by metro, from the National airport

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with easy access, by metro, from the National airport

I am meeting some friends who are coming from overseas in October. They will stay in Maryland but will come into DC for sightseeing. After that they are heading north. I need a hotel that I can travel to and from airport by metro. The budget is around $150 per night. Please suggest.

DC
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with easy access, by metro, from the National airport

There is a Metro station at the airport, so any hotel near any Metro station will do.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,096 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with easy access, by metro, from the National airport

Your request is a bit confusing. If your friends are coming from overseas they will not be coming into Reagan National Airport (DCA). Unless that is their second stop in the USA. Or maybe that is where you will be coming into from Alabama.

Reagan National Airport has a Metro station, so any hotel close to a Metro station will work for you. And there are probably a hundred or more included there. The hotels in Crystal City (part of Arlington) are very close to DCA and some have a free shuttle from the airport to their hotel and back. You should read some of this forum, with the dozens of topics about choosing a hotel, and get a few ideas of what might work for you. Be aware that hotel prices vary greatly from day to day, so exact dates are needed for good recommendations.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with easy access, by metro, from the National airport

Thank you. They are arriving via BWI. The host family lives in the 'burb of Baltimore. I am coming in from Alabama. Another friend comes from California. We are sharing the room. We will see the overseas group when they come to DC. After 3 days, we go separate ways. I will google Crystal City for the list of hotels.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with easy access, by metro, from the National airport

Crystal City has very nice hotels at cheaper rates than you'll find closer to downtown. I've stayed there plenty of times. Very good location, very close to the airport.

richmond
Level Contributor
914 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with easy access, by metro, from the National airport

Google Lastminutetravelclub.com and you will see a link to join for free. Best prices. Have also had good luck with Hotwire.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
205 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with easy access, by metro, from the National airport

The Crystal Gateway Marriott (at 1700 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 703-920-3230) might suit you very well. They have rooms with 2 double beds, if you and your friend are planning to share a room. Calling the front desk may get you a better rate for a room that you'll like (non-smoking vs. smoking; quiet room vs. don't care what the room is next to), instead of leaving it somewhat to chance with the discount travel sites. This Marriott used to be across the highway from another Marriott. The other plus is that the CGM was right above a Metro station like 2 stops from Reagan National Airport, plus they had a free shuttle back and forth to the airport. I think that you might be able to stay well within your price range of $150/night. marriott.com/hotels/…

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with easy access, by metro, from the National airport

Thank you for your kindness. I will check it out. All I need is a safe place to sleep and easy access to the metro and the airport.

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with easy access, by metro, from the National airport

We just stayed here and it was a perfect location!

9. Re: Hotel with easy access, by metro, from the National airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:20