We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key Bridge Marriott vs Holiday Inn at Key Bridge

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Key Bridge Marriott vs Holiday Inn at Key Bridge

Both seem to be similar class hotels in the same neighborhood. Currently have rezzies with HI but found a comparable rate (including parking fee) for the Marriott.

Just curious as to whether one is any better than the other and why......

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key Bridge Marriott vs Holiday Inn at Key Bridge

They are line of sight to one another, and roughly from the same era. The Holiday Inn is a few minutes' walk closer to Metro; the Marriott is a few minutes' walk closer to Georgetown. I've never stayed at either, but the Holiday Inn reviews a bit better on TA than the Marriott. If you care about the view from your hotel room window, a good room at the Marriott will offer a slightly better view than a good room at the Holiday Inn. But at both hotels the view from the non-view side will be uninteresting. Holiday Inn has an indoor pool, Marriott has an indoor / out door pool and a whirl pool. Marriott has wifi but I think you have to pay for it (I'm unsure on this), Holiday Inn offers free wifi.

So really it's a wash, although I probably would lean towards the HI depending on which freebie (parking vs. internet) would otherwise cost me more. Hard to say you'll be going wrong with either.

Lafayette
Level Contributor
157 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key Bridge Marriott vs Holiday Inn at Key Bridge

Just returned from the holiday inn after a 5 night stay. No issues, clean rooms, free parking, free wifi, free breakfast buffet in the morning with priority club membership. A block and a half to metro station, extremely convenient. The marriott is just across the street, so distances are a wash. Just my .02

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key Bridge Marriott vs Holiday Inn at Key Bridge

Thanx for the replies - keeping our HI rezzie for now.

Milo - did you have to be a certain level in the Priority Club to get the free breakfast? I booked directly thru their website and they now have that new IHG club......

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Key Bridge Marriott vs Holiday Inn at Key Bridge

Always stay at the HI Key Bridge when in Arlington and when the price is right. Have had several rooms in different locations in the hotel and the one with vue of the Potomac are pretty nice. Last time got an upgrade to suite, being a PC gold and that was real nice. Never used the pool but to me the convenient location towards the metro and roads out of DC is great. Free parking is also a big plus. Do not remember if you need a certain status with PC, but doubt it. The breakfast is decent but nothing to write home about.

Gaithersburg
Level Contributor
693 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key Bridge Marriott vs Holiday Inn at Key Bridge

I recently booked a weekend stay at HI Key Bridge for $85.00 a night.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key Bridge Marriott vs Holiday Inn at Key Bridge

@Pbuy - most free breakfasts aren't anything special, but the convenience and one less thing to pay for in $$ D.C. is a bonus. Looked over my new IHG membership and they changed the bennies so that one person's buffet is free and the rest of the group's is 50% off

@NeedPivo - we were lucky enough to book our trip at $81 for the weekend and then it jumps up to $90 for the weekday - King Exec room.....

Lafayette
Level Contributor
157 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Key Bridge Marriott vs Holiday Inn at Key Bridge

Correct, 1 free breakfast with club membership, no certain level that I know of. Now if your wife is a member also, can she get the free breakfast as well? I dont know the answer to that. I know two breakfast buffets in the morning was $7.50. Regularly priced at $15, which is to much, but with the perks it makes it a good deal. Eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, fruit, juices/coffee, all on the 17th floor overlooking the potomac. enjoyed it every morning.

8. Re: Key Bridge Marriott vs Holiday Inn at Key Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:19