We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive From Ocean City to DC on a Tuesday

Wickliffe, Ohio
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Drive From Ocean City to DC on a Tuesday

We're going to Ocean City for a few days then into DC on Tuesday the 23rd.

It's suggested we leave no later than noon on Tuesday or else risk getting caught in traffic when we hit DC. As we're getting close to the date I'm curious if anyone has made the trip lately - any road construction or delays we need to be aware of? I'm guessing there will be little trouble getting out of OC on a Tuesday - no?

Thanks - this forum has been extremely helpful thus far in planning out trip!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
151 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive From Ocean City to DC on a Tuesday

I have not been to OC area in probably a year so I can't speak to traffic there. Hitting traffic here, you should plan to be in by 3pmish at the latest. Rush hour will really kick in around 4 and go until 6:30/7ish. But the trip from OC to DC on weekdays, especially non-Monday or non-Friday is actually pretty relaxed imo. Shouldn't have many troubles and it will be ~3 hours.

Wickliffe, Ohio
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive From Ocean City to DC on a Tuesday

Excellent - Thanks!

Looks like we're all systems go!

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive From Ocean City to DC on a Tuesday

Agree with above - the only concern is DC rush hour. And that will also depend on what route into the city you plan on taking. New York Ave. is always dreadful. If you are staying Dupont Circle or north of there, consider South Dakota Ave. to Monroe St.

Wickliffe, Ohio
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive From Ocean City to DC on a Tuesday

I haven't looked at the route the GPS is suggesting but Google Maps wants me to exit on Maine Ave SW, continue to Independence Ave SW, then right on 17th street to I street.

5. Re: Drive From Ocean City to DC on a Tuesday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 06:18