We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on a hotel with 3 single or double beds

Groningen, The...
1 post
Save Topic
Advice on a hotel with 3 single or double beds

Hello,

We will be in D.C. in September from 9/9 (late pm) to 8/12 (am) and trying to decide on a hotel. We are travelling with 3 adults and would prefer to book only 1 room. We will however require three different beds. The beds can be double or single.

We could find a hotel with these specifications in NY butt in D.C. we have not found a hotel with these specs. Our budget is around $150-$180 a night. We would like a hotel that is in close proximity to metro stations. Is there a hotel with 3 beds and close proximity to metro stations in D.C.?

Thanks very much.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on a hotel with 3 single or double beds

You will have a hard time finding this, try looking for rooms with 2 beds and a pull out couch. when I was looking I think there were places around Tysons Corners with two bedrooms (I think a king in one and 2 doubles/queens in the other) I was pricing gov't rates and they came up with 150 a night (we were staying for 6 nights, so weekend/midweek price differences evend themselves out.

We did not end up staying there as we went for one closer in, and we only ended up with one of our children with us.

washington dc
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on a hotel with 3 single or double beds

You might do better with a vacation rental apt. Check Homeaway.com or VRBO.com - they are the same company but Homeaway has better search features. VRBO has a few more listings. Also airbnb.com though that takes more work to sort through.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on a hotel with 3 single or double beds

How about two rooms at a cheaper place such as the Americana?

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,423 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on a hotel with 3 single or double beds

If you get a room with two double beds in any Embassy Suites, there will usually be an extra sofa bed in the separate living room, for a total of three double beds. Pay attention not to go for rooms with only one bed.

5. Re: Advice on a hotel with 3 single or double beds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 05:16