We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost camera in cab

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New jersey
Level Contributor
339 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Lost camera in cab

Please!,,

I lost my camera 8/20/2013, I left it in a cab. It was in the afternoon and the cab drop off on 14th Street. Even thought it is a nice camera I just want the se card with the DC photos. My cousin is visiting from another country and I took the photos for him...PLEASE. I need them.

Kindly let me know...

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost camera in cab

If you don't know the name of the taxi company to contact them directly, contact the DC Taxicab Commission.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost camera in cab

Good luck. You're looking for a needle in a haystack. But the DC Taxicab Commission is a good place to start:

http://dctaxi.dc.gov/

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost camera in cab

Good luck in finding it. I hope you can.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost camera in cab

Good luck - the taxicab commission is pretty much the only venue. But for other travelers - always take a photo of a piece of paper with your name, address & phone number in case you lose the camera, a good person can find you.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost camera in cab

It is low odds, but you might also post on the lost and found on Craig's List. No harm as its free.

New jersey
Level Contributor
339 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lost camera in cab

Thank you for all the suggestions. We are heading back to NJ today but I made sure I followed your advises and sent emails and contacted Graig's list.

Again, thanks I truly appreciate your comments.

Hoping

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,876 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lost camera in cab

There are also several websites like this that might help: http://www.camerafound.com/

Good luck

New jersey
Level Contributor
339 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lost camera in cab

Once again, thanks I just ordered a refurbished cannon g12 from Cannon pd a bit more than I wanted but since I have the underwater case, an extra battery and the case I saw no benefit going for another model

I will try my very best to take better care of it, I only bought the other 2 years ago

Again thanks

Hope

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lost camera in cab

If the camera has any value, I'd phone the cab commission. ASAP. E-mails can get put aside and answered much later. Phone and follow-up with an email or regular letter.

10. Re: Lost camera in cab

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 06:22