We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Embassy Suites on 22nd St.

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westfield...
Level Contributor
248 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Embassy Suites on 22nd St.

Any advice for restaurants in this area? Nothing fancy, just casual places with good food.

Thanks for your help.

Shady Side, Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Embassy Suites on 22nd St.

Bread & Chocolate on 23rd (between N and M) is a good option. Their goulash is my favorite.

Depending on what you like, M Street (after you cross 20th heading away from your hotel) and anywhere around the metro stations (DuPont & Foggy Bottom) have a lot of options.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,955 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Embassy Suites on 22nd St.

Meiwah is a Chinese restaurant about a block away at M and New Hampshire and right next to that is Grillfish, which is also decent. If you head towards Dupont Circle you will find many more choices.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Embassy Suites on 22nd St.

Not sure if you'd find it too fancy, but I like Ris at 23rd and L.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Embassy Suites on 22nd St.

West End Bistro is one of my favorite restaurants in the neighborhood. Just a block from your hotel, it is what I may consider to be moderately fancy, but their lunch is much more reasonable and casual than their dinner service.

Founding Farmers in Foggy Bottom is just a 10-minute walk from the hotel. Very reasonable and great local, organic cuisine. Gets to be reasonably noisy and energetic so it has a very casual feel despite being fine(r) dining.

It's not my favorite restaurant, but many people swear by the Blue Duck Tavern in the Park Hyatt Hotel located just behind the Embassy Suites. It is certainly an upscale restaurant, but not something I would call fancy.

When I think of fancy, I think of places like Plume, the Lafayette, etc. These places are all much less formal (none of them use tablecloths, I believe, to put in perspective the casual feel of many upscale DC restaurants). You can have "good," upscale food without a "fancy" intimidation in DC which is why I love our restaurant scene.

Westfield...
Level Contributor
248 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Embassy Suites on 22nd St.

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions. After a day filled with walking and sightseeing it will be great to know of some restaurants close to the hotel where we won't have to get dressed up to go out again.

I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

richmond
Level Contributor
909 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Embassy Suites on 22nd St.

You are also close to a Whole Foods. Pick up food to go or if the weather is nice they have outdoor tables.

7. Re: Restaurants near Embassy Suites on 22nd St.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 06:21