We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in DC for 5 people?

Seattle
5 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in DC for 5 people?

We are heading to DC 11/2/13 through 11/11/13. There will be 5 adults and one child (7). I'm having a really hard time finding hotels in the area that will accommodate 5 people AND that have queen beds. (what's up with doubles and fulls in a hotel anyway!?) And having breakfast included is also a considering factor.

We're hoping to share a room with the intent of saving money, so shooting for the $200 range (or less of course!) There don't seem to be many hotels close to the mall area, so can someone suggest the outlying "cities" or neighborhoods we could stay in? We're fine taking the metro, as long as it's easy. Since we don't know the area, we don't know how far out to stay or the areas to stay away from.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!!!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,775 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in DC for 5 people?

I don't think you are going to find any hotel that allows 6 people in one room. It may even be against safety regulations. You are the perfect group for a vacation rental. You might want to look at VRBO for a apartment. Some of them come in at your price range, I expect. Just come back here for help picking a convenient and safe location.

Seattle
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in DC for 5 people?

Sorry, I typed that wrong. There will be 5 of us total. 4 adults and one child. We've found one or two places that have 2 beds and a sleeper sofa. But so many of them are doubles or fulls. :(

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in DC for 5 people?

Look for suite hotels or some of the cheaper standby hotels such as the Americana in Crystal City for two rooms. You will not save as much as you think by staying in the outer suburbs. Look at the costs of Metro for 5 people everyday. You many be the perfect group to look for an apartment in the city. Check airbnb and VRBO.

Mentioned in this post
Americana Hotel
Americana Hotel
1,454 Reviews
Arlington, VA
washington dc
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in DC for 5 people?

If you're not limiting yourself to hotels, there are lots of vacation rental apts. that will suit you in that price range. For such a long visit with 5 people you will also appreciate the extra space and being able to cook. If interested, I can give you more guidance.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in DC for 5 people?

I would try Homewood Suites by Hilton. The only one with 2 queen beds and within 10 miles is Homewood Suites Springfield, VA. Rate is 229 plus tax however since your staying for so many nights, call the hotel and they will work out a better deal. Otherwise there is one within 5 miles of the mall for $119 + tax. However it has double beds.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,775 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in DC for 5 people?

You do not want to stay way out in Springfield, with some of the worst traffic in the USA between you and downtown DC. If you really want a Homewood Suites there is one in DC a few blocks away from the McPherson Square Metro station on Massachusetts Avenue NW.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Hotel Metro
Hotel Metro
4,380 Reviews
New York City, NY
Massachusetts
Massachusetts
United States
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
805 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in DC for 5 people?

Try Residence Inn in Arlington VA. There are several locations and they have 2 bedroom 2 bath suites which include breakfast. You're close to the Metro so you can be in DC quickly.

Mentioned in this post
Arlington
Arlington
Virginia
8. Re: Where to stay in DC for 5 people?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 06:21