We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations for family of 4 in April

Norton...
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations for family of 4 in April

We are planning a trip to DC during our schools' April vacation--specifically we plan to arrive on April 19th and leave on April 23rd. Our family of 4 includes 2 kids, ages 7 and 10, and I'm hoping to spend under $200 a night for a hotel. I've looked at the Americana Hotel based on the reviews from this forum and it definitely seems like a good possible option for us. The one hesitation I have is a lack of a pool--with 2 kids I'm thinking that we'll spend the day touring all the typical attractions but at night we'll most likely head back to the hotel and it would be nice to have a pool. Are we better off with our budget staying outside of DC and finding a hotel with a pool or dealing with the lack of pool for the advantage of being so close to everything?

I should mention that we will be driving down from Massachusetts so it doesn't need to be near an airport. And we plan to use the Metro to get around.

Edited: 29 December 2013, 03:27
Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations for family of 4 in April

You may want to check out the Hampton Inn & Suites at Reagan Airport. It has a pool and free breakfast, and is close to Metro for a short ride into DC. It has parking for $15 a day.

It is quoting $99 per night for a room with two double beds for your dates and it is cancellable. That is surprisingly low for dates during Cherry Blossom festival. You may want to grab it first and think later. (Since it is cancellable)

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Norton...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations for family of 4 in April

Thanks EdofVA--I just checked it out and noticed that the price of $99 is only good for Sat and Sun night, The next two nights are $239. It still would work out not to be a bad deal though, I may take your suggestion and grab it while I think about it.

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations for family of 4 in April

Oh, I did not remember the Hilton group hotels often display just the first night's rate and fail to quote the average rate for multiple nights. This would only show when you click further into the booking process, which I did not do for that dummy booking. Good thing you caught it. I was surprised at the rate I saw.

It is still relatively low at the average of $170 a night for Cherry Blossom.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,972 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations for family of 4 in April

Check the Virginian Suites.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,643 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendations for family of 4 in April

Take a look at the Best Western Iwo Jima in Arlington. With their "3 Nights Stay" promotion, you can get a room with two queen beds, minifridge, microwave, and a flat screen TV for under $120 per night for the dates you mentioned. They also offer free parking and an indoor pool (not a fancy one, but it should suit the kids fine.) It's also within walking distance (less than 10 minutes) of the Rosslyn Metro station. We stayed here when we lost power at our house for several days and liked it.

Edited: 29 December 2013, 15:55
Norton...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendations for family of 4 in April

Longhorn74--I couldn't find a "3 NIghts Stay" promotion on their website and when I googled it I could only find the promotion for this past summer. Am I missing something?

Never mind--I just found it! Thanks for the recommendation!

Edited: 29 December 2013, 16:47
7. Re: Hotel recommendations for family of 4 in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 06:18