We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Washington, D.C.

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
idaho
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Lodging in Washington, D.C.

I have been looking for an affordable lodging option for our stay in Washington D.C. (I know affordable is subjective, lol.) Is the Americana hotel convenient to the metro and the national mall? We will be spending most of our stay at the museums. Is there a variety of dining choices nearby as well? I have spent a lot of time researching hotels, but I is quite difficult for a city that I have no real knowledge of. Any other sugestions would be appreciated.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,649 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Washington, D.C.

Yes, the Americana Hotel, located in the Crystal City area of Arlington, Virginia, is close to Metro. In fact, it is within walking distance of two Metro stations--Crystal City Metro and Pentagon City Metro. There are a number of dining choices in both Crystal City and around Pentagon City. The Americana Hotel is, however, convenient to the National Mall only via Metro. It's an 8 - 16 minute ride (depending on where you are going) from Crystal City to the Mall.

If you are willing to give dates, number of beds and budget, someone can probably recommend other hotels for you to consider (not that the Americana is a bad choice.)

idaho
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Washington, D.C.

Thank you for your response. We are traveling there in mid march; something like the 12th-18th. There are two of us; one bed is fine, although an extra bed to stretch out is nice. Budget? Well, we come from an area where $100 will get you an extremely nice room, so I would say I would like to stay under $120. Thanks for the help.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in Washington, D.C.

Your budget for the close in greater DC area in March is tight. I did find the Courtyard Marriott in Crystal City at an average rate of 110 on get a room.com through Kayak. Some nights were more some were less. Not many other choices except the Best Western Rosslyn/Iwo Jima.

4. Re: Lodging in Washington, D.C.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 05:18