We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lincoln's Waffle Shop Restaurant

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lincoln's Waffle Shop Restaurant

Has anyone eaten at the Lincoln Waffle Shop across from Ford's Theater? Any reviews? I do know he didn't eat there.

Is it possible to browse through Ford Theater's gift shop without buying a ticket to Ford's Theater?

Thanks for any/all replies :)

jc

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,147 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lincoln's Waffle Shop Restaurant

There are over 300 reviews on Yelp:

yelp.com/biz/lincolns-waffle-shop-washington…

Springfield, VA
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lincoln's Waffle Shop Restaurant

I believe you can go in Ford's Theater's gift shop without buying a ticket. My recollection (I was there a year ago) is that the gift shop is pretty small and not that great.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lincoln's Waffle Shop Restaurant

You can even visit Ford's Theatre itself and the excellent museum without buying a ticket. Free day-of tickets are available beginning at 8:30 am. (There's only a charge if you order tickets in advance.) Outside of the tourist season, you should be able to get day-of tickets and in some months (like right now) you could probably walk in at any time and get a free ticket.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,276 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lincoln's Waffle Shop Restaurant

The Lincoln Waffle Shop is not the same place as the more famous, and now closed, Waffle Shop. The old Waffle Shop was a very interesting place where I used to occasionally eat lunch back when I was working. www.yelp.com/biz/waffle-shop-washington

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,708 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lincoln's Waffle Shop Restaurant

I've been to the current Waffle Shop, and no, It is a dive-y, diner-style place. I had coffee and a waffle, both were good, but nothing to write home about. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again, but it is a cheap option for breakfast if you are in the neighborhood.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
18 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lincoln's Waffle Shop Restaurant

Don;t know about the waffle shop but i'm sure you can just go to the gift shop. The place has hours open to public, you can see something, and I"m sure Nat Park Svc gives free tours duriing the week.

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Lincoln's Waffle Shop Restaurant

Thank you everyone. I was there last April standing in line looking at the Waffle Shop wondering if it was any good. While Lincoln doesn't look like a waffle eater, Mary Todd looks like she may have enjoyed a few. Was wanting to try it just to say I ate at Lincoln's Waffle Shop, but don't want a miserable meal :(

Thanks

La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lincoln's Waffle Shop Restaurant

Hill Country Barbeque nearby on 9th St, is colorful and lots of fun in the evening with its country music. Another place is Potbelly on 11th St. Avoid Harriet's in the Harrington Hotel which everyone says is crummy. And the McDonald's on F St. is cheap, but attracts a lot of low-lifes.

Edited: 27 January 2014, 14:08
washington dc
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lincoln's Waffle Shop Restaurant

If you want a meal with a historic connection to Lincoln, eat at the "Wok 'n Roll" Chinese restaurant on 604 H St. NW which is in the original building that was Mary Surratt's boarding house where John Wilkes Booth stayed. Food isn't bad.

Gaithersburg
Level Contributor
696 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lincoln's Waffle Shop Restaurant

Actually Booth did not stay here. The conspiracy to kidnap and then assassinate Lincoln was developed in this house. Booth usually stayed at the national Hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue.