We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place for breakfast

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
Good place for breakfast

Hi,

I am travelling with my family to Washington DC next week and staying at the Holiday Inn at 550 C Street SW. Can anyone recommend a good place for breakfast in the area?

Thanks

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place for breakfast

I know Phillip's Flagship has a great breakfast on the weekend.

You can check out their website:

http://www.phillipsseafood.com/ayce.htm

Maryland
Level Contributor
380 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place for breakfast

Are you looked for a full cooked breakfast or a place to grab a cup of coffee and a roll? If the latter, there's a Vie de France next door in the Capital Gallery and a Wall Street Deli (in the same block as the Holiday Inn that serves) breakfast wraps, bagels, muffins, etc.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place for breakfast

If you want to have some great choices grab the metro from L'Enfant to Capitol Hill. On Penn Ave and 7th is Bread and Chocolate which has a nice variety. Up 7th is a place called the Eastern Market... inside they have a counter that sells breakfast and lunch. People rave about it but I give it a 3 out of 5. A little further down, on 8th and G SE I think, is a place called World Cafe - its nice... try the Smoked salmon eggs benedict.

Back the other way on Penn, towards the Capitol and your hotel is a real local dive. Right next to the Library of Congress, is a place called Pete's... is it great food, no. It's a diner with $3 breakfast you order by the number but its got lots of fun atmosphere.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place for breakfast

Thanks very much all - the tips are much appreciated

New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Good place for breakfast

Just came back from the same Holiday Inn and their restaurant, Smithson, serves breakfast daily. After reading some of the reviews before we left, I was very hesitant to eat there. But to our delightful surprise, the food was very good. They have a good breakfast buffet that serves all- eggs, waffles, french toast, bacon, sausage, etc or you can order from the menu.

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good place for breakfast

And the last time I checked, they had a special "Kids Eat Free" promotion at Smithson's if you were staying at the Holiday Inn. Ask at the reception desk when you check in!

P.S. You're not coming all the way from Wales, are you?

7. Re: Good place for breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 20:15