We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgetown to DCA on Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm

Karachi, Pakistan
1 post
Save Topic
Georgetown to DCA on Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm

I'm planning to stay at the Georgetown Holiday Inn on Wisconsin and take a flight from DCA. I should be done my meeting by 3:00 pm and leave from the hotel around 3:15/3:30 and head to DCA. How long would it take me to get to DCA by cab on a Friday afternoon around that time? I wondering if I should take the 6 pm flight or wait until 10 pm. I really would prefer the 6 pm, but I don't want to make it too tight either.

Mentioned in this post
The Georgetown Inn
The Georgetown Inn
636 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
United States
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
889 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Georgetown to DCA on Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm

You can put those two addresses into google maps and it will give you driving times, but my guess is twenty minutes for a cab.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
846 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Georgetown to DCA on Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm

You should be fine for the 6pm.

washington dc
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Georgetown to DCA on Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm

You will be fine for the 6:00 flight.

Jackson, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Georgetown to DCA on Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm

It will take you 22 minutes so 6 is fine.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,885 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Georgetown to DCA on Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm

In traffic, it could take maybe even up to 45 minutes. Even if you left at 3:45, that still gets you there by 4:30, plenty of time for a 6 PM plane. You could even take a cab just to Foggy Bottom Train station, then get the Blue line to National Airport. But almost all traffic is in Georgetown anyway. I'd tell the driver to go east on K St from Wisconsin, right on 23rd (around the Circle) , over the Memorial Bridge and onto the GW Parkway. The traffic over the Key Bridge to Rt. 110 is horrific.

If the traffic is really horrible on 23 St, hop out at I St., and take the Blue Line Metro train to National Airport (14 minutes).

Edited: 06 February 2014, 16:11
Mentioned in this post
Georgetown
Georgetown
2,526 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
United States
6. Re: Georgetown to DCA on Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:20