We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cherry blossom 2014

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Cherry blossom 2014

Hi am planning to visiting washington dc to see cherry blossom from1st april to 9 april. I know the blossoms are unpredictable but wonder if those dates are good dates to see something. Also i wonder if anyone can help me with a place to stay just for me alone. I have been trying to look for a place since sept but there are very expensive i guess now that it is getting nearer its even worse.

Pls help

Thanks

Ysh

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cherry blossom 2014

For just yourself, you might think about airbnb.com. Specifically look for "private room" instead of "entire place." The site is very difficult to sort through, with 75% of the listings non-active or generally flaky, but you can find some good places if you work at it - for maybe $75.00 a night. Search by neighborhood - Columbia Heights - U St. - Dupont Circle. Post a link to any place you are considering and we can help you vet it.

There are also various hostels.

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cherry blossom 2014

Thank you so much for your help. Will look at airbag n get back to you.was looking at the cherry blossom website. I will miss the opening n closing ceremony but I guess there will still b plenty to see regds ysh

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cherry blossom 2014

Take a look at the Americana Hotel, a well-reviewed budget hotel. It is located in the popular Crystal City area of Arlington, Virginia--just across the Potomac River from D.C., so it's close to all the D.C. attractions. It's within walking distance of two Metro stations so you've got quick and easy access to D.C. They also offer a free continental breakfast. They are showing a weekly rate for the dates you mention of $88 per night. You have chosen an extremely popular time of year to visit, so you'll probably need to book your accommodations soon.

http://www.americanahotel.com/

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cherry blossom 2014

Thank you so much longhorn74 for your help. I will look at it now. Yes its a very popular time of the yr. my friend offer to put me up in her house located in silver spring md 20904 but it seems so far from the attractions.

Isnt it. If i cant find anywhere reasonable then i will stay w her.

Regds ysh

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cherry blossom 2014

Silver spring is not too far by any long shot especially since the price is right. You are a short subway ride.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cherry blossom 2014

The Americana is often recommend here and it does seem like a decent option for very budget minded families, but I think it would be a miserable place for a single person to spend a week.

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cherry blossom 2014

thanks so much

neslaw1 and victoria m for replying and for the information. i think i will take up my offer to stay with my friend and save the money.

thanks

regds ysh

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,913 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cherry blossom 2014

Your friend's house is a bit of a long commute from Washington. Not "horrible", just a long trip by bus to Silver Spring metro station and then a bit more time to get into the city.

Maybe consider staying with the friend for part of the visit and then moving to the Americana or somewhere similar for a couple nights.

I think you'll tire pretty quickly of going back and forth from that area to DC every day.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cherry blossom 2014

I guess horrible is in the eye of the beholder. We don't know that the OP will need to take a bus to the metro and it appears that the trip from the Silver Spring Metro to Smithsonian Station is just over 30 minutes. Heck, it can take longer if you are in the city.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,913 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cherry blossom 2014

This beholder used to take the bus from that area to Silver Spring metro every day. Note I said specifically that it was "not" horrible. Just a long slog down Route 29 during any part of the day that approached being rush hour. Wouldn't be much fun to be a tourist in that area for 9 days.

If the OP's friend is going along with them and driving them downtown or to the metro then of course it would be more pleasant. But still a slog.