We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring the White House - last minute cancellations?

Michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Touring the White House - last minute cancellations?

Does anyone know if there is a way to get tickets to the White House assuming someone cancels?

I have my representative looking but everything looks booked for August 9-12.

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Touring the White House - last minute cancellations?

Hope and pray! :-)

Level Contributor
503 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Touring the White House - last minute cancellations?

Try becoming a finalist on American Idol. That seems to work.

Seriously though, I think going through your Congressman and Senators is about all you can do. Good luck.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
742 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Touring the White House - last minute cancellations?

Have you contacted your senators' offices as well? If not, call and ask for the person who books White House tours. Try to get acquainted with them....talk friendly...act very enthused....it might help if they can put a person with the name. Follow up. Sometimes a request might get lost in the shuffle, in spite of the staffs' good intentions. Don't give up!

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Touring the White House - last minute cancellations?

And make sure they have a local contact number where they can reach you if any last-minute openings occur!

5. Re: Touring the White House - last minute cancellations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 03:16