We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington DC Hotels...Help!

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Washington DC Hotels...Help!

Hi, We are planning a trip to DC in August. My family and I plan to try and see as much as possible. So far on our list is one daughter will be seeing Lion King on Broadway at The Kennedy Center and they other daughter will be seeing One Direction at Nationals Park. With that being said we are not sure where to stay. We would love to be able to use the Metro system. We also don't want to spend a lot for a room we won't be in that often but we would like a clean/safe place to stay. I know that is a lot to ask for!! Please help me! Plus I know there is so many things to do and see and if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know. Thanks!!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,816 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Washington DC Hotels...Help!

If you want hotel recommendations, you need to supply exact dates, number of beds needed and a budget (which include the parking fee if you are driving).

If you just want a recommendation for a budget hotel in a safe area near a Metro station, look at the Americana Hotel, the Best Western Iwo Jima or the Holiday Inn Rosslyn @Key Bridge. All are located in Arlington.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,719 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Washington DC Hotels...Help!

A "clean/safe place" is not asking a lot. And almost any hotel you see mentioned on this forum will provide that. Both Nationals Park and the Kennedy Center are close to a Metro station, so you can stay at any hotel that is also close to one. Look around this forum at the dozens of topics about choosing a hotel. Also read the info under Top Questions about asking for hotel recommendations. That should give you some ideas and you can come back with some more specific questions.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Washington DC Hotels...Help!

You have lots of options for vacation rental apts. - more room, good locations and better value - especially in August which is a bit of "off season." Check VRBO dot com - particularly the neighborhoods of Columbia Heights, Dupont Circle, U St. Post the exact listing number of any you are considering and we can tell you more.

Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Washington DC Hotels...Help!

Dates for trip would be August 5th - August 12th (est).

Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Washington DC Hotels...Help!

The dates we are thinking at this time would be August 5th - August 12th. Not sure how much we really are willing to spend at this time. We are just starting to gather information. Thank you for your help!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12,816 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Washington DC Hotels...Help!

People come looking for clean, safe hotels ...these can go from $100 a night to $500 a night, varying in amenities and convenience. Without a price range,it is impossible to make a meaningful suggestion....your pick could be the Americana or the Willard. Perhaps when you have a few in mind, check back for feedback on their relative merits?

Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Washington DC Hotels...Help!

We would like to spend around $100 of course a little less would be great but if it is a little more that would be okay too. I understand we will need to pay for parking if we stay in the city. We plan to use the metro or other transportation while we are there. I really hate to pay for our van to be parked in a garage but if needed we are more than willing to do that. This is our first trip and we have no clue what to expect.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,719 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Washington DC Hotels...Help!

As is often mentioned on this forum, there are three hotels in close-by Virginia that are fine and include free parking. They are the Americana, the Best Western Iwo Jima and the Holiday Inn Rosslyn. All are somewhat close to a Metro station and some places to eat.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Washington DC Hotels...Help!

Almost all vacation rentals offer free street parking with a visitor parking pass.

10. Re: Washington DC Hotels...Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:18