We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation ideas for family of 6

Sydney
Level Contributor
6 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation ideas for family of 6

Hi

I am planning a trip to the east coast of USA in Dec/Jan. And will be spending a week in Washington from 20 to 27 Dec 2014, before catching the Amtrack to New York.

I am looking for self-contained accommodation (house/apartment) for a family of six (ages from 14 to 73).

Can anyone can suggest:

• The best web sites to look at for accommodation in Washington DC

• Some good accommodation options to look that are close to “things to do” or very close to a metro line

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation ideas for family of 6

Try VRBO. Air B&B does not have a great reputation in DC. A lot of places but you don't get a good response from owners I have heard. Come back to the board with specific listings and people will give you their opinions. Look at the maps and the cross streets. Some owners tend to exaggerate which neighborhood they are located in.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation ideas for family of 6

Try VRBO. Air B&B does not have a great reputation in DC. A lot of places but you don't get a good response from owners I have heard. Come back to the board with specific listings and people will give you their opinions. Look at the maps and the cross streets. Some owners tend to exaggerate which neighborhood they are located in.

washington dc
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation ideas for family of 6

VRBO is your best bet. The filters and search features are good. You can search by neighborhoods. I suggest Columbia Heights, Dupont Circle, U St. Woodley park, Capitol Hill. Use the map search to see exactly - you want to be close to a Metro. Green/yellow and Blue/Orange are a little more convenient than Red.

4. Re: Accommodation ideas for family of 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 06:20