We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tysons Corner shopping

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Tysons Corner shopping

Hi all, we are visiting DC on Friday 23rd May for 1 week and are hoping to be able to visit Tysons Corner during our stay. I understand that the Silver line will serve several Tysons locations and was due to open early 2014. I have tried searching to see if there is a completion date but have come up blank.

My questions are does anyone know if the line is likely to be open for our visit?

If the line isn't open what would be the easist way to get there? We are staying at the Hotel Palomar and have visited DC previously when we did our retail therapy at The Fashion Centre (Pentagon City).

Thanks in advance

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tysons Corner shopping

Pushed back again I believe was announced last month, You could take the orange line out to West Falls Church and then take a Metro bus (I think 23 A or C) to Tysons Corner. Not worth it for me but that would be an option.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,935 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tysons Corner shopping

There has been no announcement about when the Silver Line will open. There are conflicts between the contractor and Metro which are unresolved.

The easiest way to get to Tysons would be a taxi. Next is Metro to West Falls Church and then a taxi. But have you tried some retail therapy around the Friendship Heights Metro station? Bloomingdale's, Neiman Marcus, Lord & Taylor along with many other high- and low-end shops within a couple of blocks. And very easy to get to, only a few stops away from Dupont Circle.

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
2,870 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tysons Corner shopping

No, right now, the silver line probably won't open to June or July :(

Other bus options include the 28A or 28X from West Falls Church as well.

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tysons Corner shopping

What exactly are you looking to shop for? Pentagon City or Friendship Heights have all the stores in the world - besides everything available online.

5. Re: Tysons Corner shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 05:18