We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holocaust Museum - How early should we line up for tickets?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
152 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Holocaust Museum - How early should we line up for tickets?

Hi, I'm going to DC in two weeks and missed the window to book tickets for the Holocaust Museum online. How early do you need to line up for the "day of" tickets that are given away at 10 a.m.?

Thanks!

Phoenix
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holocaust Museum - How early should we line up for tickets?

Sorry can't answer your question exactly. I do know that entry lines are horrible and slow moving. But I recommend having someone from your party check out the back entrance. Just walk along the right side of the building. When we went recently and encountered a very long slow line just after opening, a guard suggested some of us go around to the back. Initially the back door guard said we couldn't use that entrance, but then changed his mind. Hardly anyone in line there. Bear in mind you will have to queue up to get your tix then again to be screened for actual entry. You might also want to consider later in the day - wonder if anyone on this forum has experience with that. I had good luck with that at the V and A in London fwiw.

Edited: 22 March 2014, 15:41
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holocaust Museum - How early should we line up for tickets?

Going later in the day would not be a viable option at the Holocaust Museum. Once the same-day tickets have been handed out in the morning, that's it for the day.

3. Re: Holocaust Museum - How early should we line up for tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 07:32