We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Americana Hotel

Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Americana Hotel

Opinions on the Americana Hotel and area?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
59,135 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Americana Hotel

Over 500 reviews of the property here on Tripdvisor:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30242-d120572-…

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Americana Hotel

I've stayed there multiple times with no issues. Yes, its a basic hotel with few amenities but its clean, safe and quiet. You cannot beat the price.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Americana Hotel

Is the area safe around there at night???

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Americana Hotel

Yes, Crystal City has an excellent safety record. It has a bit more of an urban feel, with taller apartment and office buildings, and can feel a bit empty at night, but serious crimes are rare. Just be aware of your surroundings and it should be a non-issue.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Americana Hotel

Sweet thanks for your reply so quick..

Lincoln, NE
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Americana Hotel

I stayed there last week. We walked all the around the area, to the mall, to the pentagon, to the metro stop, never felt unsafe - The hotel offers a shuttle that will drive you all those places as well. The hotel wasn't fancy, the shower sucked and the beds were hard as a rock (we stayed in the older part), but for less than half the price of nearby hotels, it was worth it. Also, free breakfast was nice :)

NC
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Americana Hotel

We just stayed there several weeks ago. I never felt unsafe. If you do not mind basic amenities and an older (but extremely clean feel), I highly recommend it. The price and location are amazing. It was our second (but not last) stay.

8. Re: Americana Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:17