We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hill Country BBQ Market

Utah
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
Hill Country BBQ Market

I just found out about a concert I want to see while visiting DC in May. It's at the Hill Country BBQ Market. I understand the concerts are in the basement of the restaurant. Can anyone comment on the place? How many people does it hold?, do shows there normally sale out?, Is it a good place to eat? On their site it says No Cover, wondering how early I should get there. The artist is Eden Brent (blues artist, fairly popular, I think) Thanks!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,409 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hill Country BBQ Market

I've been to Hill Country a lot (naturally, since I'm a Longhorn!) According to the Hill Country website, the basement seats 125 people, but I feel certain that it would fill up quickly for a popular artist. I can't say exactly how early you should get there, but I would recommend getting there well before the concert is supposed to start.

I think it's a good place to eat. The food is served cafeteria-style, so you can pick-and-choose what you like. One of my favorites is the brisket special which is 1/3 lb. of beef brisket (choose the lean brisket--the moist brisket is too fatty), 2 side dishes and cornbread. You can check the menu at: http://www.hillcountrywdc.com/menu

Utah
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hill Country BBQ Market

Perfect! thanks longhorn! I best arrive early, try some brisket and cornbread, then line up early for concert.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,409 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hill Country BBQ Market

There are long picnic-style tables in the basement and you can eat there before or during the concert.

Maryland
Level Contributor
581 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hill Country BBQ Market

Keep an eye out for Hill Country BBQ "deals" if you will be with one or more other people. We've occasionally found them on Travel Zoo, usually something like $39 for a variety of meats, two sides, two deserts, and two draft beers.

Utah
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hill Country BBQ Market

Good to know, eating/drinking is allowed during show. That will make a difference with my plan, thanks!

Also, thanks MarylandIrene, I'm traveling solo this trip but your post will probably benefit others.

6. Re: Hill Country BBQ Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 05:17