We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with a small dog.

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Travelling with a small dog.

I plan to be in Washington DC around the 24th April from the UK. Is it easy to travel around the city with a small dog? Also does anyone know of accommodation where I can stay for the duration of one week?

Thanks

P

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,862 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with a small dog.

All Kimpton hotels allow pets. There are seven Kimpton hotels in DC.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,970 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with a small dog.

Your dog will not be allowed in any of the museums, public buildings, shops, restaurants, etc. (An exception may be made for outdoor seating at some restaurants, but not all.) When walking it on the streets or in parks, you will need to carry a plastic bag to pick up all its dog poop.

Edited: 11 April 2014, 22:36
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12,992 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with a small dog.

Unless it is a service dog, it cannot go with you on Metro rail or bus unless it is in a Carrier www.wmata.com/about_metro/faqs.cfm#pets

Not sure about taxis, may depend on the individual driver.

Edited: 12 April 2014, 00:43
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
856 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with a small dog.

I am fairly certain cabs must take animals in carriers. Thats how my cat and I go to the vet. :)

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
661 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling with a small dog.

Westin Hotels also allow dogs.

6. Re: Travelling with a small dog.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 07:15