We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any blossom left?

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Any blossom left?

We are in Washington DC next weekend, 26th and 27th April. Will there be any blossoms at all by then or have we missed the show?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,808 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any blossom left?

Long gone by then, sorry. The cherry blossoms are actually gone now, the rain the other day pretty much took care of them.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
737 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any blossom left?

There are actually still some scattered around town that are not part of the Tidal Basin "mainstage" show. ;) They are apparently on a slightly different bloom schedule b/c of being a different variety or b/c of location.

One is near my office, at 18th and F outside the Dacor-Bacon House (which you can tour); several are on GWU campus and were in brilliant flower yesterday when I passed by them on the way to the GWU Whole Foods. I want to say F Street at around 21st, by the George Washington sculpture. Who knows what might be in flower when you are here, so keep your eyes open. :)

True, it's nothing like the drama of seeing a zillion trees around the Tidal Basin all in bloom at the same time, but I enjoy coming across these outlier trees as it's like a little random gift. :)

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any blossom left?

Cherries will be done, but Dogwoods might be blooming.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,160 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any blossom left?

There will be lots of spring blossoms. But there is little chance of any cherry blossoms by then. Maybe some of the less delicate double variety scattered around town.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
737 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any blossom left?

Just seen on the way to work: More cherry blossoms in full bloom on the grounds of the Organization of American States, at 17th & Constitution. Really stunning. Maybe I'll go photograph them at lunchtime. Also, caught a glimpse of some more just west and south of OAS - maybe about 20th and Virginia Ave. or so. We are keeping the cherry blossom spirit alive in Foggy Bottom. :-)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
737 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any blossom left?

OK, so I went out at lunchtime and the Dacor-Bacon blooms are gone. BUT there are brilliant pink-purple blooms at the white building across the street from it. And F Street between about 19th and 21st have several cherry blossom trees still blooming. That is all I have to report for now. :)

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any blossom left?

Thanks everyone. We still might see some, then! I'm sure the buildings and monuments will make up for the lack of blossoms.

8. Re: Any blossom left?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:15