We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel for 2 nights in Washington DC

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
162 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
hotel for 2 nights in Washington DC

My husband and I are going to stay for 3 days - first time - to see the city.

I don't want to pay more than $100 p/night; so looking for a good hotel, close to a metro; as was advised that metro is the best to use in a city. Saying that, looking for an advice of a decent hotel closer to the main places of interests.

Please help. Thanks a lot.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,858 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel for 2 nights in Washington DC

You are unlikely to find any good hotel in the city for that price. Maybe using a bidding site like Priceline. The oft-mentioned Americana might have something. It is just across the river in Crystal City. Be sure to look at Top Questions in upper right on this page.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
162 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel for 2 nights in Washington DC

thank you. I'll be staying checking in May 21 and checking out May 23.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel for 2 nights in Washington DC

The Americana Hotel in Arlington is right at your budget's limit for the dates in question--$99 - $109 per night. If you can't find a deal on Priceline, this is probably going to be your best bet. The Americana is within walking distance of two Metro stations and it's a quick ride from either one into D.C.

americanahotel.com/arlington-va-hotel-specia…

Edited: 06 May 2014, 22:03
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
162 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel for 2 nights in Washington DC

i booked Days Inn Alexandria South. If I take a metro to see a National Mall - how long will it take?

I'm thinking of starting with that place. Am I right?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,858 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel for 2 nights in Washington DC

Days Inn Alexandria South is a very poor choice. Not near anything of value for a tourist. You will need your own transportation to get a decent meal. If possible I would cancel this reservation and check out the Americana.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
162 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel for 2 nights in Washington DC

actually, the feedback was quite good for this hotel. I checked Americana first - was more expensive and still far away from Washington.we'll be driving from Pittsburgh. What about the National Mall destination? If I take a metro to see a National Mall - how long will it take?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
856 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel for 2 nights in Washington DC

Their website says they are a mile and half from a nearest metro. That's a 25 min walk at least. +30 min transit time on metro. It's only 15 min from Crystal City.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,858 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel for 2 nights in Washington DC

The Americana is within sight of the Washington Monument. Much closer than that Days Inn. And within walking distance of the Crystal City Metro station. That Days Inn is outside the Beltway south of Alexandria on a busy highway. But if you have your own car you can drive to places to eat and into the city.

When a hotel is cheap, there is a reason.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
162 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel for 2 nights in Washington DC

i can see now that i rushed to book a hotel. And the booking is non-refundable. Too late.

But thank you all for your advices.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,858 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel for 2 nights in Washington DC

It is seldom a good idea to book a non-refundable hotel stay. Things change too often. And as in your case, you find a better place later. Or you find a great deal on a much better hotel.

Your choice is not a disaster, by any means. The drive into DC is easy from there as long as you wait until most of the morning rush is over.