We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Tour company reviews (Mt. Vernon)

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
129 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Tour company reviews (Mt. Vernon)

I did a search on this site and Google, but only get reviews for one company at a time. (and not all tripadvisor reviews, which I trust the most) Is there a place here where I can get reviews of all the boat tours to Mt. Vernon?

Would love to hear from the DC experts

Going late Sept. and realize its weekend only.

WashingtonDC Tours

Spirit Cruises

Potomac RiverBoat Co

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Tour company reviews (Mt. Vernon)

I went on one a few years ago, really am not certain which one. Thing is, going downriver from Alexandria there are a few spots of interest they point out, but mostly you just ride along to Mt Vernon. Mt Vernon once there is itself, independent of the boat. So look at schedule and price, also the boat to see if one appeals more. I really liked the tour, might even do it again! But then, I just like being on the water and never wanted to drive to Mt Vernon. :)

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
129 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Tour company reviews (Mt. Vernon)

So am still doing a little research. When you go to the Mt. Vernon website it offers the boat tour on "The Spirit" operated by Entertainment Cruises. I chatted with them and they had a pretty strict cancellation policy.

I looked at AllWashingtonDC Tours and they have a boat tour that (from the pictures) looks like they use "The Spirit" but have a very lenient cancellation policy. The Potomac Riverboat CO picks up too far down the Potomac (Staying at DuPont Circle w/o a car)

So...are the first two just tour companies that use the same boat?

I'm trying to get this tour arranged and then most everything else we want to do is closer and can be scheduled by walking, biking, taxi or Metro...

Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Tour company reviews (Mt. Vernon)

The Spirit is a fancy boat leaving from DC. Miss Christin is an older but ok boat from Alexandria, which is the one I took. The schedules are strict...you have to catch that boat back or taxi yourself! Like I said, Mt Vernon will be tha same no matter what provider you pick...their part starts and ends at the dock. The one from DC gives more cruise sightseeing for the money. Pick a boat by name and book it however suits you!

4. Re: Boat Tour company reviews (Mt. Vernon)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:17