We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December- hotel help!

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
December- hotel help!

Hi guys

Okay I'm going insane second guessing myself with every hotel I look at just before I hit confirm (I have a history of making bad hotel decisions based on how pretty the rooms look!)

We stay between 16th December and 19th December (2 of us - 22 and 24) want to do the major attractions including museums etc and would prefer to be in an area that's within walking distance of as many as possible - would also be nice to be close (walking distance) to some decent restaurants and bars if possible.

Budget of about $200 per night.....Any specific hotels that the experts would recommend for us? Or any links where I can see hotel suggestions for similar query would be great...

Thank you!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,588 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December- hotel help!

I am no expert on hotel pricing but I would expect prices to decline as it gets closer to December. So don't do any reservation that can't be canceled. For convenience, the Penn Quarter cannot be beat. And the oft-mentioned Courtyard Convention Center is one of the best located in that area. The Hotel Monaco is also great but is usually outside your budget.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
967 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December- hotel help!

Using Priceline's Expree Deals, I'm seeing a five-star Downtown-White House area hotel for $193/night. This will be a very nice hotel in a very nice area. But, it's very possible for you to pay about $100/night for a good 4-star in Downtown or Convention Center areas. Those are also really nice places. I've successfully used the name your own price and got 4-star hotels for under $80/night. One in Dupont Circle and another in Penn Quarter. I wouldn't suggest pushing that $200/night budget. You could save significant amounts of money and spend it on some nice dinners in the city.

3. Re: December- hotel help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 07:16