We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington Monument tickets

Arizona
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Washington Monument tickets

I know you have to get tickets to visit the monument. I want to go ahead and get them online for my husband and I's trip in August. The problem is, it's hard for me to choose a time for the tickets. It feels like a crap shoot. I thought maybe the 2nd day we're there instead of the first, so we can get the "lay of the land". I don't think before noon might not be doable as we will be taking the Metro from Arlington and do not know yet how long that takes, traffic etc. Any advice from those that have gotten the tickets online? Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,373 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Washington Monument tickets

Don't drive from Arlington. Take Metro. The ride will be no more than 20 minutes, depending on exactly where in Arlington you are coming from. I hope it is close to a Metro station to make your visit easier.

Arizona
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Washington Monument tickets

We are going to be taking the Metro. We are staying at Crystal City Marriott. It is .2 miles from a Metro station. At least, that's what it looks like based on Metro and hotel info.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,373 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Washington Monument tickets

You don't even need to go outside to walk from the Crystal City Marriott to the Metro station. For places on The Mall take the Yellow Line and get off at L'Enfant Plaza or Archives. You can transfer at L'Enfant Plaza to Blue or Orange or Silver to get a bit closer to the Washington Monument at the Smithsonian Metro station.

4. Re: Washington Monument tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 06:15