We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking tips/ideas 9/10/14 - 9/14/14

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Grand Rapids...
7 posts
Save Topic
Parking tips/ideas 9/10/14 - 9/14/14

I have a roomed booked at the River Inn (924 25th St NW Washington, DC 20037) from 9/10-9/14. my questions are:

1) how much should I expect to pay for parking during this time?

2) any tips on best parking locations vs hotel parking?

I'm not opposed to 15-20min walk from parking to hotel if it can save me some money

thanks in advance

Edited: 18 July 2014, 16:58
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking tips/ideas 9/10/14 - 9/14/14

I'd use the BestParking website or app. They have rates in Crystal City (short Metro ride from Virginia) for as little as $43 for the duration of your stay. Assuming you don't need your car while you're there, correct? That could be a game-changer if you do.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking tips/ideas 9/10/14 - 9/14/14

Also worth noting that metered street parking near your hotel will be free from sometime Saturday p.m. until whenever you leave on Sunday. (Check the signs when you get there for the exact time on Saturday, it varies in different parts of the city.) You could retrieve your car from the garage on Saturday, save an extra day's charge, and make a quick exit from the city as well.

If you can't find a spot very close to the hotel, you'll have success heading east (lower-numbered streets). That's the city's office/financial district, with no tourist attractions and little demand for street parking on weekends.

Mt. Vernon is one of the few tourist attractions where it's a good idea to have a car. If that's part of your plan, schedule your trip for Saturday, use the car, and take it back to the hotel.

East Grand Rapids...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking tips/ideas 9/10/14 - 9/14/14

thanks tubman, that's useful info for sure. as of now, no plans on needing a car during the stay.

4. Re: Parking tips/ideas 9/10/14 - 9/14/14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 06:16