We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Raegan National to Hotel Lombardy

Calcutta
Level Contributor
61 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Raegan National to Hotel Lombardy

Hi,

My mother and I will be visiting DC for the first time between 9th - 14th August. My question is how do I get from Raegan National Airport to Foggy Bottom, 2019 Pennsylvania Avenue - we are stying at Hotel Lombardy.

Thanking you for your responses.

Regards,

Rahul

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
686 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Raegan National to Hotel Lombardy

You can either take Metro Rail (Blue Line--no changes) from the airport to Farragut West station, and then walk 1/4 mile to your hotel; or grab a cab from the taxi line at the airport. Metro will cost you each $2.70 (or maybe a bit more, depending on if rush hour), and a cab might cost you $15.

Calcutta
Level Contributor
61 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Raegan National to Hotel Lombardy

Thanks NY Arkie,

I was doing some research on the WMATA site and upon putting in my itinerary it says I should take a Blue Line towards Largo Town Center and disembark at the Foggy Bottom station?

Which one should I do?

Thanks for your help.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Raegan National to Hotel Lombardy

Take a look at google maps. It will show you that your hotel is equal distance to both of the metro stations.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,338 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Raegan National to Hotel Lombardy

Probably not that much difference between walking from Foggy Bottom station versus Farrugut West. But since the train stops first at Foggy Bottom that's the station I would use.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,359 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Raegan National to Hotel Lombardy

The Lombardy Hotel is on Pennsylvania between the corner of 20th and I and 21st and I. Foggy Bottom is at 23rd and I; Farragut West is at 18th and I (if you go upstairs at the back of the train). I'd get out at Farragut West; it's not as confusing when you hit the street. Both are 1/4 mile from the hotel.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,096 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Raegan National to Hotel Lombardy

Unless you are on a very strict budget, I would go door-to-door with a $20 taxi ride. Easier than finding your way in a strange city after a tiring flight. But I'm not young anymore.

Calcutta
Level Contributor
61 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from Raegan National to Hotel Lombardy

Thank you all for your responses

Germantown, Maryland
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from Raegan National to Hotel Lombardy

Would have to agree on simply taking a cab :). Will be MUCH easier for you.

Calcutta
Level Contributor
61 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get from Raegan National to Hotel Lombardy

Thank you all - cab it is

10. Re: How to get from Raegan National to Hotel Lombardy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:16