We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does it worth to visit House and Senate Gallery, even

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Does it worth to visit House and Senate Gallery, even

Since both House and Senate are not in session in August, dose it still worth to visit House and Senate Gallery except Capitol Tour?

Is it still crowed on Fri. morning in middle of August? Do I really need to wait 45 minutes to pass security check as website required?

Thanks in advance.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,101 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does it worth to visit House and Senate Gallery, even

I would certainly recommend the Capitol tour. Not so sure about the gallery passes. I doubt the security check always takes that long, but it is more in depth than almost anywhere yet. No food or drink including water.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does it worth to visit House and Senate Gallery, even

Thank you very much. I have asked that I can get the passes from the offices in DC. Since I am going to National Gallery of Art after the tour, I am wondering whether it worth to get the passes or not?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,101 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does it worth to visit House and Senate Gallery, even

Only you can decide whether seeing where Congress meets is worth it or not. Since they aren't in session it will just be a room.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does it worth to visit House and Senate Gallery, even

Thank you very much. I checked the old posts. Someone said that it only takes 5 minutes to see it if not in session. So I decided to pass it.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does it worth to visit House and Senate Gallery, even

I'm a big political junkie so I'm a little biased, but I don't know how anyone can recommend to a tourist not to see the Capitol while in DC.

If you've seen it before sure, but just being inside and seeing the Rotunda and statues are enough to make it worth it to me. Also, the short film before the tour is pretty interesting.

The chambers are just rooms, but they're some of the most important rooms in the world. For me, it's an amazing experience to be in the Capitol.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does it worth to visit House and Senate Gallery, even

We have been there once when my son was young. Now he is a high schooler, so we decided to visit again. I am sorry that I misled you because of my lousy English. The guy recommended to go to Capitol Tour, but he said no need to see the House and Senate Gallery if they are not in session.

I have rescheduled our Capitol Tour to 10am. So I have time to get the passes from their offices.

Thank you very much for your reply.

P.S.

My son is a little political junkie. :)

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does it worth to visit House and Senate Gallery, even

In my view one goes to see the building, not its temporary occupants. Whether Congress is in session is irrelevant. The House and Senate chambers are well worth visiting at any time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does it worth to visit House and Senate Gallery, even

Thank you for your reply. Yes, we'll visit the chambers.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does it worth to visit House and Senate Gallery, even

Couldn't agree more with texhills.

Seeing any "legislating" is just as exciting as it is on CSPAN. You're not likely to see a vote. However, the chambers are rather important and pretty amazing rooms.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does it worth to visit House and Senate Gallery, even

Thanks.