We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Military antiques

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Military antiques

We're looking for a military antiques shop, not an army surplus depot. We'll have a rental car for a couple of days because we'll also be going to the NRA museum in Fairfax and Williamsburg so we're ok with travelling outside of DC itself if there is one near either of those 2 places.

Any suggestions?

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Military antiques

There are stores specializing in military antiques of the Civil War era in Gettysburg, PA, which can be a nice day trip from DC.

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Military antiques

If you head to Gettysburg, stop by Emporium Antiques in Frederick, MD. Call ahead if you're looking for something specific - the have a lot to go through.

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Military antiques

When I looked at a map would seem to me that Gettysburg is not in the same direction as Fairfax or Williamsburg which are the 2 areas outside of DC we plan to go to.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,160 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Military antiques

You are correct about the directions. I know nothing about antiques, but Virginia has a lot of history involving both the Revolutionary War and the War Between the States. There must be places down around Fredericksburg and Richmond and Williamsburg that have military antiques. You should try a Google search of those towns. Maybe Petersburg too with its Civil War Museum.

Edited: 04 August 2014, 03:54
5. Re: Military antiques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:16