We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Herndon/Reston area to DC - Metro??

Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
from Herndon/Reston area to DC - Metro??

Mid-October sight seeing for two days. Staying at hotel in Herndon. What is closest metro or shoud I chance it and try to find all day parking closer to downtown. Thanks

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
561 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: from Herndon/Reston area to DC - Metro??

If you decide to drive in and plan to avoid rush hour you can get a MetroRail One Day Pass for $6.50 each.

From the wmata.com website: "Valid for one day of unlimited Metrorail travel on weekdays after 9:30 a.m. or all day on Saturdays, Sundays or federal holidays. Pass expires at the end of the operating day—3 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, midnight on other nights."

Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: from Herndon/Reston area to DC - Metro??

Thanks for ALL the wonderful idea's. I'm inclined to take my chances and drive into town but it's wonderful to have that backup plan with the metro. Thanks again everyone. You're terrific!!!

13. Re: from Herndon/Reston area to DC - Metro??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 12:16