We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st trip. Late night eats after concert

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1st trip. Late night eats after concert

Family trip to DC for a concert. It's at the Nationals ball field. Gates open at 5:00, concert starts at 7:00 so I figure we will be getting out late. We are planning on taking the Metro back to hotel. 1st question, do they run late? I am hoping to find a place for a late dinner. 2nd question, any suggestions on a place to eat that may be open late? We are stayin at Grand Hyatt. If that helps with location. Was looking for options outside of hotel. I'll be with Teens. We already plan on dinner at Nandos peri peri one night. Thanks!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st trip. Late night eats after concert

Metro closes at midnight on weekdays and 3 am on Fri/Sat. so you should be fine. You may want to ask at the hotel for recommendations appropriate for teens for late night eats, but here is a decent list from the Washington Post. washingtonpost.com/gog/…98876.html. Graffiato, New Big Wong and Mandu are all a reasonable walking distance from your hotel. Enjoy!

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st trip. Late night eats after concert

What day of the week is the concert? If it's a friday/saturday then you don't need to worry about metro closing at all.

I know that they hold trains until nationals games finish but I'm unsure about a concert. But, a lot of big events will pay to ensure that there's always a train even if it's a little before or after the usual closing time.

Anyway, as for food. You'll be staying near chinatown and there are a number of chinese restaurants that are open pretty late.

You could also type in "late night" for that location on yelp to narrow things down as well.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
786 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st trip. Late night eats after concert

Clyde's at Gallery Place is open late and has a large menu (plus late-night oyster specials!). It's on the green line, so you could go straight from the concert. It's about a 5 minute walk to your hotel.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,689 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st trip. Late night eats after concert

I'm guessing it's One Direction on Monday 11th August. Last train is at 11:20 and no indication yet on Metro's web page that they're extending service.

With the demographic for this concert I'd be surprised, with a 7:00 start time, that it would go much past 10:00 or 10:30 at the latest anyway.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,654 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st trip. Late night eats after concert

You could always just eat something at the ballpark. A bunch of places inside the stadium were open to sell food during the Billy Joel concert a couple weeks ago and there's a lot more to eat there than just hot dogs. Here's a link to the ballpark concessions and a link to an article in the Washington Post's Going Out Guide about food choices near the ballpark.

…mlb.com/was/ballpark/concessions/index.jsp

washingtonpost.com/blogs/…

Vienna,VA
Level Contributor
380 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st trip. Late night eats after concert

Definitely pay attention to the time and if metro is going to extend. We were at a Nats game a year or so ago that ran very late and the metro had stopped running.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st trip. Late night eats after concert

Thanks, I'll check with the hotel. Didn't think about that.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st trip. Late night eats after concert

Thanks! I'll ask hotel and check out that list.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st trip. Late night eats after concert

Chinese works! Thanks

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st trip. Late night eats after concert

Thanks everyone for all the tips! I'll look into it all.