We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near the White House

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
35 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast near the White House

I have a White House tour at 10:30 on 8/29. We're staying at Washington Marriott at Metro Center. Any good breakfast spots nearby so we're not late for the tour?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near the White House

Are you looking for a sit down and be waited on breakfast? Or would something more casual be all right? Unless you sleep late you have time for either.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near the White House

I like Paul at 9th and Pennsylvania. There are a lot of Au Bon Pain's around in the area if you just want a quick bagel, pastry etc type breakfast.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near the White House

Old Ebbitt serves breakfast, and it's around the corner.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near the White House

Old Ebbitt Grill is right on the way as you walk from your hotel to the White House. I've never had breakfast there but I expect it is good and maybe not as chaotic as other meals.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast near the White House

We've not had breakfast at Old Ebbitt either, but an aunt and uncle did one visit. They liked it so much, they went every day. (They were staying at L'Enfant Plaza, so not exactly close for breakfast.)

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast near the White House

There is a place that will serve you breakfast on every block, whether its Au Bon Pain, Pret a Manger, or something similar. So that's not a problem. For sitdowns I'd go with the recoommendations already made.

Founding Farmers is a very popular restaurant and they do breakfast (I've only had dinner there). You'd probably want to take metro to Foggy Bottom (3 stops from Metro Center) but you can walk to the white house from there (3-4 blocks).

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
35 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast near the White House

Thanks for the advice. All great options.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
149 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast near the White House

We have eaten breakfast at The Old Ebbitt Grill and it was very good. Be warned it is on the pricey side but so good.

Level Contributor
36,205 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast near the White House

The Sofitel has a restaurant and we enjoyed very nice breakfasts when we stayed there. :).

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,283 posts
1,294 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast near the White House

I have had breakfast at Old Ebbitt, and it has always been good, plus fairly quick.

For something a bit more formal, and elegant, if that temps you, the Hay-Adam Hotel, just north of the White House, has a lovely dining room, and a wonderful breakfast. If so inclined, check out the TA reviews for it. I just posted one about two months ago, with some of the menu options.

Good luck,

Hunt