We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Taxi to Reagan Airport

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
352 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Taxi to Reagan Airport

Just wondering how hard (since it is relatively far from the airport) is it to catch a taxi from Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast to Reagan Washington National Airport. Also approx. how much would it cost? Thanks.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Taxi to Reagan Airport

Do you have a prepaid reservation? It is not an area that most folks on the board would recommend staying. But if you stay there it depends on the time of the day for cost to DCA. I would say 20-30 dollars without traffic. If the hotel has a shuttle to the metro it would cut your costs but would involve transfers most likely.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,603 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Taxi to Reagan Airport

The area of that hotel is just not very nice. And without your own car, not very convenient either. Unless you have business in the immediate area, I would recommend changing your accommodations.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
352 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Taxi to Reagan Airport

Thanks for the replies...I am staying there on IHG points (15k = $105) for the couple days I am going on tour (starting at union station). Since going there by myself am less concerned with many of the things. I will be staying at Fairmont for a couple days not on tour but the last night before flying out will be at Holiday Inn Express so that's why concerned a bit if easy to get taxi for my 8:10am (so need to leave around 6am).

New York
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Taxi to Reagan Airport

Why not try UberX it will get you there without the hassle.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,603 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Taxi to Reagan Airport

You should look at the Crystal City Holiday Inn with a free shuttle to DCA. Or for less than $100 you could probably stay at the Americana and also get a free shuttle to DCA. Far better experience than that NE location.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Taxi to Reagan Airport

The shuttle runs about every 10-20 minutes from the hotel and it's free! We always give the driver a few bucks though.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,603 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Taxi to Reagan Airport

Any hotel where you must depend on a shuttle to go anywhere interesting leads to wasted time and frustration.

8. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Taxi to Reagan Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2016, 05:15