We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun moderately priced restaurant near Renaissance Hotel

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fun moderately priced restaurant near Renaissance Hotel

My son and his fiance are getting married next November at the Renaissance Hotel near China town. I am looking for a fun place to host a rehersal dinner. It must have some type of private room, but doesn't have to be particularly fancy. Since I am not from the area, I could use some suggestions! Thanks

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,126 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun moderately priced restaurant near Renaissance Hotel

I would probably take this question to the hotel concierge, he/she can probably give you a list of places to consider in the neighborhood.

What do you consider "moderate" and how many people are in the group?

Just off the top of my head I would think of a couple places in the general area, not necessarily walking distance though...

Zaytina, I'm not sure if they have private rooms or not but I bet they have a website...

District Chophouse if your group is more of a "meat and potato" crowd...

Fogo de Chao, a Brazlilian churrasco place downtown. I recently attended a birthday party there and the main floor was a noisy zoo. But we were in a private area upstairs away from everything, it was a nice place.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun moderately priced restaurant near Renaissance Hotel

How about Brassiere Les Halles? It is located on Pennsylavania Avenue at 13th Street, just a short walk from the area you are talking about.

My parents had a birthday party for me there, and they have a great private room in the back. The staff was excellent as was the food and atmopshere.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun moderately priced restaurant near Renaissance Hotel

Matchbox (www.matchboxdc.com) has fun food and ambiance. It's housed in a townhouse in Chinatown, and I believe its private party room can accommodate up to 25 people.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
5 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun moderately priced restaurant near Renaissance Hotel

Try Jaleo at 480 7th Street for excellent tapas. It's fun and casual and I've always found the food consistently excellent.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,194 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun moderately priced restaurant near Renaissance Hotel

I don't think Zaytinya has a private room, but they do have some tables "upstairs" on a small balcony - they may be able to reserve that for your group. Not sure how many it accommodates, though.

Also nearby, Acadiana has a private room if you like New Orleans-style cuisine.

I think Tony Cheng's Mongolian BBQ has a private room. That could be fun.

6. Re: Fun moderately priced restaurant near Renaissance Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 08:26